Important documents go through many rounds of revision. Compare two PDF files with our redesigned Compare Files tool — and know you’ve caught every change.
Compare two versions.
A highlight bar within the comparision tools helps you quickly spot all text and image differences between PDFs.
Identify all changes made to your PDF documents or scanned PDFs. See what's been added, deleted, and modified at a glance in an easy-to-scan results summary.
Easily compare documents using side-by-side or single page views. Use this type of document comparison when you want to quickly spot changes by eye.
Choose your filter.
Maybe you only need to compare text or look for updated images — with the comparison tool, you can view only the changes you need to check. Filter by image, text, annotations, or formatting.
How to compare two PDF files:
- Within Acrobat, choose Tools > Compare Files.
- Click Select File at left to choose the older file version you want to compare.
- Click Select File at right to choose the newer file version you want to compare.
- Click Compare.
- Review the Compare Results summary.
- Click Go to First Change to review each file difference between the older document and the newer document.
Choose the Acrobat DC plan that works for you.