See what you can do. Experience Acrobat Pro DC.
Create PDFs from any file.Convert scans, images, web pages, and Microsoft Office files to PDFs you can work with.
Edit right inside your PDF.Recycle content without retyping. Add text, insert images, and update tables easily.
Access PDFs on the go.Pick up your work right where you left off on your computer, laptop, or mobile device.
What is included in this trial version of Acrobat Pro DC?
The trial version includes the latest desktop features of Acrobat Pro DC, plus Document Cloud services that help you take advantage of advanced mobile and online features. You can convert documents into PDFs and export them as editable Microsoft Office files from your mobile device or browser. Edit text and images on an iPad or Android tablet device and fill, sign, and send forms with smart auto-fill. Plus, get signatures from others, track and manage responses, and store and share files online.
How do I download and install my trial version of Acrobat Pro DC?
After clicking “Get started” from this web page, you will be asked to provide your email address. If you already have an Adobe ID you’ll be asked to sign in. Otherwise follow steps to start your free trial.
When does the trial period officially begin?
The trial period begins on the day you sign up and continues for 7 consecutive days. On the 8th day, payment will be collected unless you cancel prior. When the trial expires, you can still use Acrobat to view PDFs, comment and fill forms. To access all the features again, you will need to purchase Acrobat.
I have an older version of Acrobat installed on my computer. What will happen to it if I install the trial version of Acrobat Pro DC?
Installation of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC trial by default uninstalls any earlier version of Adobe Acrobat on Windows devices. If you choose to retain the existing Acrobat XI on your machine, you need to change the default by unchecking the “Remove earlier version” option in Acrobat downloader UI. If you have uninstalled the previous version, then you can reinstall it when you are finished with the trial. Make sure you have your original serial number and installation disks.
Does it work for both Windows and Mac OS?
Yes, this trial is available for both Windows and Mac OS.
Can I get technical support or help during my trial period?
Can I continue to use Adobe Acrobat Reader during my Acrobat Pro trial period?
Acrobat Pro DC will be set as your default PDF viewer, but you can reset Reader as the default by opening Reader DC application and going to Edit > Preferences > General. Click on the Select As Default PDF Handler button and follow the on-screen instructions.
How do I uninstall my trial software?
Windows: To uninstall your trial version on a Windows device, close any open Adobe software on your computer, open the Windows Control Panel and double-click Programs and Features. Click on Acrobat Pro DC, and select “Uninstall” from the menu.
Mac OS: To remove the trial on a Mac, use the Acrobat Uninstaller in the /Applications/Adobe Acrobat Pro DC folder.
- 1.5 GHz or faster processor
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 (64 bit), 2008 R2 (64 bit), 2012 (64 bit), or 2012 R2 (64 bit); Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows 10
- 1.5 GB of RAM
- 2.5 GB of available hard-disk space
- 1024x768 screen resolution
- Internet Explorer 11; Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR); or Chrome
- Video hardware acceleration (optional)
- Intel® processor
- Mac OS X v10.11, 10.12 or 10.13
- 1.0 GB of RAM
- 2.75 GB of available hard-disk space
- 1024x768 screen resolution
- Safari 9.0 for OS X 10.11, Safari 10.0 for OS X 10.12, Safari 11.0 for OS X 10.13 (browser plug-in for Safari is supported on 64-bit Intel processor only)
- These requirements apply to the Acrobat Pro DC subscription plan, and are in addition to the desktop requirements listed above
- Microsoft Windows 10 using Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, or Chrome
- Microsoft Windows 7 using Internet Explorer 11 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- Mac OS X v10.12 (Sierra) or later using Safari 11 or later, Firefox, or Chrome
- iOS: Native browser based on the iOS release and Chrome
- Android: Native browser that ships with the OS and Chrome
* Available on Windows only.
Note: For Arabic and Hebrew, the application user interface is in English and Arabic/Hebrew right-to-left language support is enabled by default. A North African French (Français) version is also available with a French application user interface and Arabic/Hebrew right-to-left language support enabled by default.